Well, thank you for taking time out to check out my blog and welcome. For more information about this blog please check out my profile.
Moving right along, this post is about Deejays. We all know a party aint a party without relevant people and a good deejay. But maara I cant keep up with the Deejays, every week there’s a new DJ, or I hear of a new DJ, ay, I cant keep up. Is being a DJ the latest trend??Maybe its because I dont know what being a DJ is all about.
Are you a DJ when you change discs while chilling namajita over the weekend? Are you a DJ when you just hang around people that play in clubs and parties?? Are you a DJ when you know the latest hit songs? Are you still a DJ when you not being booked in any Gig? Does being a Radio DJ automatically make you a Club DJ? Too many questions neh? Tricky.
So I decided to ask some of Cape Town DJ’s what they think makes one a DJ…..
- DJ Pisce:1. A ear 4 music, passion, skill & discipline.
2. Knowledge in the dj & music industry.
3. Technical knowlegde of dj equipment and latest trends.
- DJ OD: “its the Passion. A good DJ is passionate about music, infact they are almost obsessive about their music. They look high and low for the nect big tune. They dont worry about what others are playing and buying, they only care about what they are collecting. They believe in their own musical taste and style”
– DJ Charliebang: “Its the love of music, passion for the music. Yep, Deejaying is not about getting booked.. Its a person that can play music for others as far as I am concerned”
Mmmh, well,, are you a DJ??? well, just call me DJ Dudoo