Zane Maqetuka (Mr South-Africa Prince), in association with the Department of Health will be launching SIYAGYMA-SA HEALTHY LIFESTYLE PROMOTION CAMPAIGN, in Gugulethu Township on Saturday 8TH December 2012.
The SIYAGYMA-SA campaign is a new initiative that is set to inspire, galvanise, educate, inform and change South Africans’ lifestyles for the better.
SIYAGYMA-SA’s key message is to live healthy at all times by exercising regularly, eating a balanced diet and adopting a positive attitude to achieving well-being in all aspects of our lives.
Zane Maqetuka’s experience with childhood obesity and his triumph over this has inspired him to show the country that with self-discipline, patience and determination it is possible to transform into a healthy lifestyle champion.
The SIYAGYMA-SA team is planning to use the following methods to reach out to a large number of people in South-Africa:
A) TV & CINEMA PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT (PSA)
A 30 second video that will depict a healthy nation using public figures and ordinary citizens.
B) ANNUAL NATIONAL HEALTHY LIFESTYLE PROMOTION FESTIVALS
Every province in South Africa will be invited to experience the SIYAGYMA-SA campaign excitement and be inspired to live ongoing healthy lifestyles.
C) ACTIVATING THE CAMPAIGN ACROSS S.A LOCAL MUNICIPALITIES AT GRASSROOTS LEVEL.
THE AIMS OF THE SIYAGYMA-SA CAMPAIGN.
- The campaign aims to create a strong and sustainable culture of healthy lifestyles amongst South African people.
- The campaign aims to prolong the lifespan of South Africans’ lifespan and enhance their quality of life.
- It aims to reduce obesity-related sicknesses e.g. Coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, cardio vascular disease, lifestyle-related forms of cancer as well as the negative psycho-social consequences of obesity and an unhealthy lifestyle.
- It strives to build a positive self image on South Africans which will assist in reducing high stress levels.
- This campaign aims to contribute to the unity that is achieved through sports activities in South-Africa.
- The campaign strives to contribute towards increased productivity in the work environment and the nation’s economic development through the promotion of a healthy workforce
SIYAGYMA-SA is currently operating as a voluntary association but is confident of winning the support of corporates and government institutions by demonstrating its potential to galvanize the public through a series of creative events.
SIYAGYMA-SA has chosen Gugulethu Square to host its first activation as the mall is well known for its warmth and unconditional hospitality to all members of society.
Full Programme for 8 December:
7:30am -8:00am Taxi drivers Meditation / Spar Session at the Mall’s Taxi rank
8:00 – 8:30 Welcome and opening Mall manager (Mr Elliot Maseti) Campaign Introduction Zane Maqetuka (Mr SA prince)
8:30 – 8.55 Pre-walk warm-up Walk Coach (Chris Seymour)
9:00 – 10:00 5km celebrity fun-walk
Photo-opportunity and light snacks at the Mall
10:00 – 11:15 Handing over of medals by (Ms Vimla Moodley) DOH Official
to the 5km fun walk 30 Participants
Song By Gift Gwe
Song By Tornado
11:15 – 12:00 Health Screenings in the mall & by the Taxi Rankand Taxi Rank
12:00 – 13:00 Zumba dancing class led by Mr Lucas MthenjaneHula Hoop competition
13:10 – 13:30 Tae-bo Class in the mall with kids Led by Ms Andisiwe Silimela
13:30 – 14:00 Lunch (invited guests and media)